Friday, January 7, 2011

Impromptu Days & Milestones

Today has been a really good day. I love to look back on a day and be able to state that. I think God is changing my perspective on things and I'm enjoying my days more. I am truly blessed. Life isn't always easy, but it's easier to enjoy when I view it through the eyes of gratitude.

We started the morning at the dentist office for Connor and Caleb. It was Caleb's first appointment. Caleb usually does not care for any doctor, hair cut, or basically anyone messing with him. So, we've been role playing going to the dentist office and he did GREAT! He was a little unsure about the chair moving up and down, but other than that loved it and says he wants to go back. He's a nut.

Afterwards, we realized it was such a gorgeous day and decided it should not be spent indoors. We ate outside at a great burger place. Then, we went over to Bastrop State Park and had fun playing and walking some nature trails. Cole said he was our "fiercest leader" on the trail. I think he meant fearless leader, but either one really fits him most days.

Below are a few pictures from the afternoon. I'm glad my iPod has a camera since our impromptu day meant I was without mine.




Then, we came home and the boys continued to play outside. I was inside doing a few things when Cole and Connor came running in, saying "Mom, come watch, you gotta see." I replied, "What's going on?" Cole excitedly says, "Connor can climb over the fence all by his self." I wish I had brought out the video camera as he went over the fence. He was so proud of himself.

Later, Cole came in telling me all about how he caught a football while running. This was the first time he was able to catch it without stopping to do so. I had no idea these were such big things to boys, but am so glad I was here to hear about it. Jason came in and said "Fence-climbing and football-catching are milestones for boys."

Impromptu family days are sometimes pure bliss!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I wish our weather was beautiful enough to go exploring. I hope you checked off today as "Nature Study". Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...your life will never be the same now that they know how to climb a fence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NO clue about boys. The three girls, got it...the boy...I am LOST! I am going to have to remember this one ;)

    ReplyDelete