Sunday, August 29, 2010

Water Balloon War

Yesterday as Connor and I were waiting on the return of the rest of our family, we decided to plan a surprise.  Cole has been asking to play with water balloons all summer and it was time.  So, Connor stretched them and I filled them.  We even made a trip to the store for some more since I popped half of the ones we had while filling them.  When they arrived home, the war was on.

The Ammunition


Water balloon 1

The Participants (with one sad Caleb who had already dropped several balloons accidentally)


Water balloon 2


First shots fired


Water balloon 3 

And IT was on...


Water balloon 4 

I'm not sure Caleb ever actually hit anyone with a balloon but he had fun


Water balloon 5

Connor would stand very close to Jason waiting to be hit


Water balloon 6

Jason got a little into it


Water balloon 7 

And when we were down to the last balloon, everyone wanted to get wet


Water balloon 8

Water balloon 9

I think everyone won


Water balloon 10 

And when I woke up this morning, my legs were sore and aching.  I thought "what in the world did I do."  Then, I remembered that I squatted for over an hour filling balloons and I'm about to turn 33.  That about sums it up.




3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Looks like all 4 of your kids had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise that Jason would get into that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! And I think we may have to invest in some water balloons before summer is officially over.

    ReplyDelete