Saturday, August 28, 2010

Date Day with Connor

Yesterday Connor and I had an entire day to ourselves.  This rarely happens with any of the boys, but probably the least with Connor with him being the middle child (no, to my-middle-child-sister, he is not neglected or ignored ;0) ).  The funniest part of this whole thing was when we told Connor he was going to have an entire day with mommy.  Once he confirmed repeatedly it was only going to be him, he looked right at Cole and said "And YOU'RE not going."  He didn't care where we were going or even when, he was just so excited it was just going to be him and mommy. 

So, yesterday was the "date day", and Connor was the perfect gentleman.  He held the door for me, held my hand, and gave me lots of hugs and kisses.  We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, Chuck E. Cheese for games, and Target for mommy.   Sometimes Connor gets lumped in with Cole as one of the "big boys." Watching him so enamored with Chuck E. yesterday and wanting to ride in the shopping cart, reminded me that he is still my little boy.  Then, last night we met some friends for dinner and Connor had his first soccer practice.  It was a perfect day.  He is such a sweetie!  I told the boys this will be become a regular thing and Caleb's turn is next.  I'm scared that date might be a little wild.  Here are a few pictures of Connor on our date,


Date day 1


Date day 2 


Date day 3 


Date day 4




1 comment:

  1. How fun! I don't do it nearly enough, but I love date times with my little boys!

    ReplyDelete