Friday, January 29, 2010

"I wuv my seesters" - Is he prophetic or just silly?

Caleb-WebI was tucking in Caleb tonight and our conversation goes,

Caleb "I wuv my mommy.  I wuv my daddy. I wuv ColeConnor.  I wuv my seesters." 

Me "What?  Silly, you don't have any sisters?"

Caleb "My seesters." 

Me "Oh, what are your sisters' names?"

Caleb "Seesterhead. Seesterhead." 

Me "You're such a silly boy." 

Caleb "My want seester."

My cute boy and I have lots of silly conversations.  We often say "our little surprise" should've been named Isaac since it means "laughter."  He cracks us up on a daily basis. 

This conversation, though, I can't get out of my head. "My want seester" too, Caleb.  As many of our friends and family know, God placed adoption on my heart when I was young and then confirmed it in both of our hearts when we went through our years of infertility trying to get pregnant with Cole.  After being blessed with our three sons, I've wondered over the last few years, where does that put us adopting?  Well, it's been heavy on my heart and I've even been doing some research on countries lately.  It will still be at least another year, probably more like two, before we are able to get started in the process, but I'm excited about the future.  In the mean time, it's certainly good to know Caleb's on board with a sister. ;)



2 comments:

  1. CUTE! That's how I got my sister---prayed for her when my parents had to thought of another child. Sounds prophetic to me! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just talked about this at dinner with the Rustens and the Smiths' last night at the Plaza! Johnny Rustens' nephew just started the process and Luke Smith's sister is in Asia right now picking their son up. So cool and truly noble!!!

    ReplyDelete