Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Obsessed with Food Blogs & Websites

I truly enjoy cooking, but I LOVE recipes and finding new ones to try.  Is that weird? I used to have a rather large cookbook collection though I've weeded some out over the years. I still love to sit down and read a good cookbook from beginning to end.  Yes, I read through the entire thing including all the recipes.  It's combines my love of reading, eating, and cooking (maybe it's a sickness????). But with the internet brimming with incredible food blogs and sites, cookbooks are just not necessary anymore.

My "go-to" sites when I'm looking for a specific recipe or what to do with a specific food item are allrecipes.com or foodnetwork.com.  I love that the recipes are reviewed by regular home cooks and you can sort by rating on both sites.  I will say that the Food Network site is slow and often cumbersome, but still some of my all-time favorites recipes are from there.

But food blogs are so fun to read.  I love reading about real cooks, their families, and the recipes they love.  I'm seriously obsessed and get a little rush going to Bloglines to see who has posted new recipes (I highly recommend using Bloglines or some other kind of reader to keep up with the blogs you like).  It's like getting a little peek into kitchens around this country and sometimes the world.

Here my current faves,


Hope you enjoy! If you have a favorite food blog or site you love, please share.



1 comment:

  1. Since you love cooking and cookbooks, you must have loved "Julie and Julia"! Wanda and I did

    ReplyDelete