Sunday, March 7, 2010

Moving and Overwhelmed with Emotions

My heart and mind overflow as I prepare for our move. Jason is the new pastor of FBC Elgin, and we couldn't be more excited about this new adventure God has called us to.  The people of FBC Elgin have already welcomed and blessed us so tremendously that we look eagerly ahead at getting to know each and every one of them. I am filled with peace and joy in starting at this wonderful new place.

Yet, I am also hit with the emotions of leaving this place.  Borger has been our home for 5 years now.  It is here that our literal and spiritual family has grown. We have been blessed beyond measure here.  I have made friendships that have deeply impacted who I am and am better person for these people in my life.  Some probably don't even know who they are, but I hope to tell them before we leave.  We wouldn't be where we are today without this place.  The people of First Baptist Borger have taught us so much and it is through them that God has affirmed and encouraged Jason that preaching is his calling and greatest passion.  We will forever be grateful for our time here.

I listened to some dear friends share this morning at their troubles in finding a good church home since they moved.  I think I sometimes forget how truly blessed I have been.  I don't know why God has allowed me to be a part of all these incredible church families.  I grew up in a church, Carbondale, that first planted in me a love for Christ and a passion for His people.  I was able to go back there last fall for an incredible time of reunion and loved every minute of it. 

Later, I met Jason at Heritage Park Baptist, where many of our friends and family still worship.  It was there that we were first called into full-time ministry and they took a risk on a young guy with absolutely no experience or education.  I cannot imagine where we would be without that time in our lives and I think in many ways, Heritage Park will always be "home".

I remember when we left Heritage Park to come here to Borger and felt many of the same emotions we are feeling today.  I am glad God is in control and holds our future in His hands, because following Him has been the greatest adventure and I am excited about the next journey.



1 comment:

  1. Hope,
    I am so excited for you and Jason. I know he is going to be an amazing pastor, and I know you're probably so excited to be moving closer to your families. We are believing for God's best for your family, and we hope to stay in touch! Love you,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete