Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I can't believe he is 4 years old

IMG_2508 copyConnor turned 4 on Sunday.  I cannot believe he is that old. I found out I was pregnant with him shortly after we moved here.  It was such a sweet surprise as we were fully expecting it to take awhile after our years of infertility before Cole.  I cannot imagine our family without Connor. All three boys have their unique personalities, but with Caleb and Cole having similarities, Connor tends to be the most different from his brothers.  I used to say he was my quiet one, but he has proved me wrong on that one in the last several months.  While his brothers prefer to be outside and constantly moving, Connor would be perfectly content staying inside all day.  His perfect day would probably be playing on the computer or watching TV all day, but that is not allowed and is often the source of whining from this little guy.

Connor's favorite thing to do these days is try to read.  Cole is reading and Connor wants to so bad.  I am working with him on it, but he gets so frustrated when he doesn't get it so we are taking it slow. 

We had a big birthday lunch for him Sunday.  I asked him what he wanted and after he made sure there was going to be cake of some sort, he said "Sow-wood (salad) with some 'matoes and carwots."  He cracks me up!  Moms, don't be too jealous, he doesn't always eat his veggies.

I took this picture of him Sunday in a brief moment that I got him to look up from his Leapster.  He got 2 new games for his birthday from us and his friend and was beyond excited to play them.  Of course, on a normal day, he is either not allowed to play or it's severely limited, so it was a major bonus to him that he pretty much had unlimited play time for his birthday.

I love you, Connor James! You will always be the best Valentine present I ever received! I can hardly wait to see what this year holds.



1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet picture! Don't be surprised if his life stays pretty much the same--laid back, electronics. That describes my middle son!

    ReplyDelete