Monday, January 3, 2011

Reading through the Bible in 90 Days

MomsToolbox

Last year, I heard about reading through the Bible in 90 Days. I started it and never completed it once we started our move. This year I heard about momstoolbox.com hosting a 90 Day reading challenge with mentors and encouragement. I have signed up and today is day one of reading. I'm excited about completing this.

I know this reading plan is not for everyone. Jason usually says (he is quoting someone who I cannot remember right now) "The Bible is meant to be studied not finished." The Bible in 90 Days program itself says it's not meant to be an in-depth study. But there are also many reasons for reading it through like this. One is that people are having a higher success rate of completing this than reading through the Bible in a year. Committing to 90 days, even though the readings are longer, is less daunting to some. The reason I am choosing to participate is simply the same as the mission of the Bible in 90 Days organization, "To read, ATTENTIVELY, every word of the Bible in 90 days."

I am excited about this and seeing what God will teach and impress upon me during this time. If anyone is interested in doing this, here are some links to information and resources that might help you.
If you are interested in other reading plans, check out youversion.com. They have many reading plans from the One Year Bible to Chronological Bible and several others. They have apps for your iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc. to help you complete the reading plan you pick. All that I've seen on their site is FREE (there may be some plans that are not, but I've not come across them). It's a great site and resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment