Monday, March 22, 2010

Going is easy. Leaving is hard.

We are so excited as we head to Elgin and cannot wait to get there tomorrow.  But leaving Borger is difficult. This is only our second move in ministry, but I realized something this time.  The going is the easy part.  Since I was a young girl, I've prayed "I'll go wherever You call me," and going with God somewhere is the most incredible journey in life. We are beyond delighted and blessed to start in this new place.

But leaving people we cherish is hard.  I remember a ministry friend telling Jason and I back when we were first starting out, "Ministry is awesome, but be prepared, leaving is the hardest part."  This is true. 

I would like to say to all of you at FBC Borger,

Thank you first and foremost for loving us.  You have affected me for the good.  You have challenged me to grow and go deeper. You have continuously pointed me to Christ.  I would not be on this  exciting journey without you.

Thank you for supporting and encouraging Jason.  Thank you for helping us care for our boys. You   truly have become family. 

I love you and am excited to see what God has in store for both us and you.  

Until we meet again,

Hope



No comments:

Post a Comment